University of Hull
Our full details below should give you all the details you will need.
We offer a very friendly service so please forgive us if the following details seem a little strict and scary!!!! :)
Our address is
S. Ingram & D. Robinson Ltd.
Carnegie Heritage Centre
342 Anlaby Road,
Tel: 01482 353558
Opening hours : Monday to Friday 8.30am to 11.30am. Mornings only.
Special Opening hours
13th,14th,15th and 16th September 2016 we will be open in the afternoon between 1pm and 2pm for non-business school students
Click here to see "How to find us" from Hull University (note how you turn into West Park half way down Walton Street and then first right to bring you up to the rear of our building).
It is best to go down Walton street until you reach a green area of trees. Then turn into "West Park" and then first right. Follow the road past the bowling greens. At the end of the road you will be at the rear of our building. Walk out of the park gates and round to the front of our building. We have our own bell on a side door to the right of the main entrance.
SATNAV -Tom Tom Sat-Nav users put "99 Walton Street" that gives you the entrance to the park. Go into the park and turn first right and drive up to the back of our building.
If you can input co-ordinates we are at N. 53.74425 W0.37218
Bicycle - You can bring your bicycle inside our secure verandah area.
Taxi. If you are coming by Taxi it may be easier to ask for "Carnegie Heritage Centre - bottom of Anlaby Road flyover"
Buses. Number 2 runs from Hull Paragon Interchange every 7 to 10 minutes. Ask for KC Stadium/Walliker Street. As your bus goes over the flyover (bridge) you will see our building on the right as you come down the other side.
Customers with disabilities
We have a ground floor reception area with easy access and ramps. You are also welcome to drive up to the side of our building from within West Park, where you can phone us and we will come out to your car. We can also make local collections by arrangement.
Holidays -For holidays please see our front page.
University of Hull Dissertation and Thesis binding
Soft binding for submission to University of Hull
Please click here for our order form
Spine cloth Arbelave buckram, shade 562. The sides hi-speed board, 230 microns. Lettered in gold on spine with name (initials, surname) degree and year of submission. The prices below are for binding only. (maximum 550 pages) You have to bring printed copies. We only offer printing via our submission by email service.
- Four working days service - Single copy £19, Two copies or more of the same lettering £17 each . Over 300 pages £2 extra. (for example, give us the document on Wednesday morning and you will be able to collect it or have it delivered to the university on Monday morning).
- Next working day service - Single copy £26, Two copies or more of the same lettering £24 each .Over 300 pages £2 extra. You must give us your work before 11:30am. Work received after 11.30am will be charged at the Same day service rate
- Same day service £45 per copy. Over 300 pages £2 extra.
- We only have limited change so please bring the correct amount if possible - Thank you
- Please read carefully our "Important Information" section below. It is full of helpful tips on how to avoid common mistakes
Hull Business School summer deadline price list will appear later as a link on left.
Email Binding and Delivery Service - You MUST book this service in advance
Please do not confuse our email service with other email service providers.
This is a personal service where a single member of staff takes your work right through the process from printing and binding to "Hand" delivery.
This service is for Pdf. documents only.
Please email us with the number of B&W and Colour pages for a quote.
Transfer of emailed work to CD £5.00.
Pocket's for own copy CD's attached in rear £2 each
Hard binding to University of Hull specification
Full bound in Arbelave Buckram 562. Lettered in gold on spine with name (initials, surname), degree and year of submission. Also lettered on front board with title, name, year of submission.
- Six working day service - £39 per copy. For example, give us your work on Monday morning and collect it or have it delivered the following Monday.
- Three full day service - £52 per copy.
- Please read carefully our "Important Information" section below. It is full of helpful tips on how to avoid common mistakes.
- E-mailed Hard binding Colour printing £90 per copy up to 200* pages then £6 per 1 to 100 additional pages there after.(plus postage if required (see below for prices) This services include up to 20 pages printed in colour. Additional colour is charged at 50p per copy.
- E-mailed Hard binding B&W printing £75 per copy up to 200* pages then £6 per 1 to 100 additional pages there after.(plus postage if required (see below)
- Hard binding during 2nd to 9th September may take longer around this week each year.
Extra charges and postage
- Delivery by hand to University of Hull post room, Cottingham Road Campus - £12.(not available
between 11th and 18th September
) Students are required to supply an address label - a piece of A5 paper or self-adhesive label will do.
- For deliveries to Castle Hill - Medical Institue and Scarborough campus we use Special Delivery. £14 per copy and £3 per additional copy. (Special delivery up to 2kg.) Parcels over 2kg are sent by Royal Mail Standard parcels and will take longer to arrive. The Royal Mail charge £25.80 for Special Delivery over 2kg, please tell us if you wish to pay extra to use this service.
- Return postage within UK and N.Ireland - £14 soft copy and £16 hard copy plus £4 per additional copy. (Special delivery up to 2kg.) Parcels over 2kg are sent by Parcelforce 48hrs and are tracked. The Royal Mail charge £25.80 for Special Delivery (next day) over 2kg, please tell us if you wish to pay extra to use this service.
- Additional lettering on hard bindings outside these formats are charged at £40 per copy
- We can bind to the specifications of all UK universities and most hard bindings fall into the £30 price range unless they require extra lettering
- Return postage within Europe - £60 per copy
- Return postage to the rest of the world - £95 per copy
We only accept cash unless you are a postal customer.
Please make cheques payable to "S. Ingram & D. Robinson Ltd"
However work can be paid for by bank transfer or credit card via paypal.com (4% surcharge applies) in advance is required.
- We do not photocopy or print from disc.(Except if you are using our email service). You are required to bring complete copies and our order form. Please click here for our order form
- In order to bind your work we need, at least, a 25mm margin on the left hand edge of each page and 20mm on all other edges. However the University of Hull requests a 40mm left hand margin and 20mm on all other edges on all submitted work. This is so we can tidy up the page edges in our guillotine. Any type or pictures that fall too close to the edge of the page may be in danger of being cut.
- Single sided copies are preferred by most examiners
- Maximum thickness of pages that can be bound into a single volume approx. 550 pages. You have to take into account that the examiner needs to comfortably hold the copy to read. If your work is over 600 pages it is advisable to split the work at the Appendices and letter each volume accordingly (Vol. 2 - appendices)
- We recommend using paper of 80gsm to 90gsm.
- Only use A4 paper designed for copiers. Other papers cut down may be unsuitabe due to the direction of the grain. Check out this excellent guide if you want to learn more..http://www.xerox.com/printer-supplies/paper-stock/paper-grain/enus.html
- There is no space at our premises for you to sort, collate or check your pages. Please check they are in order before your visit.(Checking that all copies are the same thickness is a good way of checking for missing pages.)
- Please do not include any paper clips or staples in the work
- We do not operate a booking system. There is no need to book.
- We do not accept work outside 8.30am to 11.30am Monday to Friday.
- We only accept cash.
- There is a cash machine across the road if needed.
- Cheque's made payable to " S. Ingram & D. Robinson Ltd "
- It is not possible to make any amendments, such as adding pages, to work once submitted for binding. If you do find a mistake you will need to bring complete new copies of your work and repeat the process.
- It is your responsibility to make sure your work is produced in accordance with the University of Hull requirements
- Full guidance on preparing your work can be found at the "University of Hull Online Student Handbook"
- Make sure you have a title page that exactly matches that shown in the Student Handbook. Postgraduate students example click here
- When posting, use a bubble padded envelope as normal envelopes have been known to split.
- Any pages printed on paper larger than A4 will need to be folded back 2cm from the right hand edge. This is to avoid the fold being cut off in the guillotine.
- If you wish your work to be delivered by hand to the university, we only deliver to relevant post room and not to individual departments. You will have to allow time for your work to be delivered from the post room to the department, possibly the next working day. You are required to supply a clearly addressed label with all relevant information such as person/department/building/university. The label does not have to be self-adhesive, a piece of A5 paper will do.
- For delivery please include with your order
- Your contact address, phone number and email
- Where it needs to be delivered to.
- Payment made to "S. Ingram & D. Robinson Ltd
- A3 papers can be bound in but need to be folded. From the left hand edge, measure and mark19cm and 32cm. Fold the sheet towards you at the 19cm mark and then fold back on itself at the 32cm mark. This will form a zigzag.
.pdf conversion for Word 2007
If you need to hand in your work on disc as a .pdf file there is a free Microsoft add-in for Word 2007 at
COPING WITH AN EMERGENCY
What to do if you are running out of time
Make sure you have enough ink and paper to print out your work. It can take several hours to print out and running out of supplies in the middle of the night can be a problem. (24hrs Tesco's on Beverley High Road or 24hrs Tesco's at St Stephen's in the town centre does stock inks and paper). It may be quicker to take your work on disc/memory card to a copy shop where they have fast printers. Plan which one to use.
It is not possible to make any changes once your work is handed in for binding and there is no space on our premises for you to make any final checks so please make sure that all copies are in the correct order. A good way of checking is to place them side by side and make sure they are the same thickness. Flick through them to make sure all the pages are the right way round. A common mistake is forget the references or even your title page.
What to do if you are seriously running out of time and are having problems holding it all together and you haven't slept for 2 days
If it's getting really scary, keep us informed of your progress. There's nothing worse than someone turning up unexpectedly five minutes before we close and expecting us to bind it straight away.
Never trust your printer
I used to wonder how on earth my epson printer could manage to print pages out of order.
Here's the proof. I finally caught it in the act.
The paper would loop over itself like a spring and when it reached a certain tension, spring flat sliding itself into another part of the document.
And finally (hopefully you'll never need it)